Tax Returns

The personal tax year runs to 5 April each year and if you are self-employed, a partner in a partnership or a company director, you must submit a self-assessment tax return by the following 31 January …

Other reasons you may need to complete a self-assessment tax return are:-

  • You have income from a rental property
  • You have income from capital gains
  • Your annual income exceeds £100k

The tax return must be completed and submitted by 31 January following the end of the tax year. Any tax due for the year must also be paid by 31 January. Failure to meet this deadline with result in penalties and interest.

Where we come in…

We will:-

  • Confirm with you if you need to register for self-assessment
  • Register you for self-assessment with HM Revenue and Customs
  • Prepare and submit your self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue and Customs
  • Advise you of your tax liability
  • Keep you informed of the associated deadlines